How to buy Tron from Bitget 

What Is TRON (TRX)?

TRON is a public open-source decentralized network created by Justin Sun, an out-spoken Chinese serial entrepreneur, in 2014, and has been managed by the TRON Foundation since 2017. TRON was originally created on the Ethereum network and had the native token, TRX, follow the ERC-20 standard. In 2018, TRON released their own blockchain and began the era of being an independent peer-to-peer network.

Since then, TRON has made a name for itself in the blockchain industry being one of the most robust networks with a host of diverse decentralized solutions, including cryptocurrencies, stablecoins, DAOs, lending and borrowing protocols, crypto wallets, NFT marketplaces, etc.

How TRON (TRX) Works

Since TRON was originally a fork of Ethereum, it is EVM-compatible. Yet, instead of following Ethereum's PoW, the network implements a customized consensus mechanism called TRON's Delegated Proof of Stake (TPoS). In TPoS, TRON users can stake TRX to vote for Super Representatives (SRs) every six hour. There are a total of 27 SRs responsible for recording and validating transactions on TRON. SRs receive TRX tokens as rewards for their services.

How Many Tron (TRX) Tokens Are In Circulation?

The total circulation of TRX is approximately 100 billion tokens, and the circulation at the time of writing is about 92.35 billion. TRX is frequently burned so that the amount in circulation is controlled and investors' benefits are ensured.

In 2017, after a highly successful ICO, a total of 15.75 billion TRX were allocated to private investors, with an additional 40 billion reserved for investors participating in the ICO. The TRON Foundation got 34 billion, and a company owned by Justin Sun got 10 billion. This means that 45% of TRX goes to the founders and the project itself, and the other 55% is allocated to investors.

How to Buy TRON (TRX)

Consider investing in TRON (TRX)? It only takes 2 minutes to create an account on Bitget and start trading TRON.

Check out the available TRX trading pairs on Bitget!

Futures market

TRXUSDT

Spot market

TRXUSDT

TRXUSDC

TRXBTC

TRXETH

Related Pages

Whitepaper

Official Website

Bitget: Where The World Trades Tron

Fast

Bitget’s world-class matching engine supports up to 1,400,000 orders per second. This ensures that your crypto trading experience is quick and reliable.

Simple

Trading crypto on Bitget is easy and intuitive. You only need a few steps to buy Tron instantly.

Secure & Trusted

Millions of global crypto users trust us. Our multi-tier & multi-cluster system architecture and SAFU (Secure Assets Fund for Users) insurance fund protect your account.

Liquid

Bitget is the world’s most liquid cryptocurrency exchange, with the biggest volumes across multiple crypto pairs.

How to buy Tron from Bitget 

What to Do After I Buy Tron

Store/Hold Tron

Many users hold on to their Tron with the expectation of it increasing in value. You can store your TRX safely on your Bitget account or on our crypto wallet app Trust Wallet, the most user-friendly and secure mobile wallet.

Trade Tron

You can trade Tron for 150+ cryptocurrencies on Bitget’s industry-leading, fast, and secure trading platform. Bitget offers many trading pairs for Tron trading to meet your needs.

Send Tron

Yes, Bitget allows you to easily transfer value around the world, fast. You can buy Tron online and send to anyone and anywhere with their Tron address.

Spend Tron

You can also buy goods and services with your Tron. More and more vendors and retailers accept Tron every day.

Donate Tron

Bitget Charity accepts Tron donations for global projects that aim to improve the lives of people in the bottom billion. You can donate Tron so no one misses out on the growth made possible by blockchain.

Learn More About Tron

You can read more in-depth articles on Tron from Bitget Research and study how cryptocurrencies like Tron work on Bitget Academy

Buy and Sell TRX on the Move

Download the Bitget crypto trading app and trade your TRX plus 150+ cryptocurrencies, anytime and anywhere.

(!) Cryptocurrency investment activities, including actions done to buy Tron online via Bitget, are subject to market risk. Bitget provides easy and convenient ways for you to buy Tron instantly, and we put our best efforts to fully inform our users about each and every cryptocurrency we offer on the exchange, but we are not responsible for the results that may arise from your Tron purchase. This page and any information in it is not meant to be interpreted as an endorsement of any particular cryptocurrency or method of acquiring it.