How to do KYC in India
In this article, we will give you a step-by-step guide on how you can verify your KYC as an Indian user on Bitget to access all products without restrictions.
Why should you complete your KYC?
KYC or Identity verification helps Bitget to enhance user protection by preventing fraud, identity theft and other illegal activities by malicious actors. Account recovery also becomes easy with KYC.
The legal and regulatory framework mandates KYC procedures especially in fiat on-ramp and off-ramp services. KYC helps prevent money laundering, which can be a serious threat to the integrity of any financial system and can have far-reaching consequences for economies. Additionally Bitget has launched a $300 Million Protection Fund,the second largest fund in the industry which gives our platform an extra layer of resilience against any security threats.
By complying with the KYC procedures users and exchanges contribute towards a future which is more secure and crypto ecosystem adoption friendly.
Verified users can use all Bitget products and services, including derivatives trading, copy trading, P2P trading, dual investment, smart trend, etc. Users who have completed their KYC enjoy high withdrawal limits up to $3 million a day, and access to exclusive events on Bitget to earn unique rewards.
Step by Step guide to complete your KYC on Bitget:
Step 1 - Access the Identity Verification Page
Log in to your Bitget account. Then click the profile icon, then click on the Verify button.
Step 2 - Complete KYC Level 1
2.1 Click [Verify] in the Level 1 Verification box.
2.2 Choose which document you will use to verify your identity.
The list of eligible documents include Aadhaar Card, PAN card, Driver’s License, Passport.
2.3 Method 1: Lightning fast KYC
-Aadhar Card: Verify docless with just a single click OTP through your registered mobile number with Aadhaar Card.
-This process takes less than 2 minutes to complete your KYC
-Enter the OTP received on your registered mobile number.
- This method works best if your aadhaar mobile number are linked
2.4 Method 2 : Upload pictures of your ID documents.
-If you are unable to get OTP on Aadhar linked phone number you should choose the gov. ID card method.
-Now you can complete your KYC process on Bitget by just capturing either your PAN card, Aadhar card, Passport, or Driving license. You will be prompted to upload front and back pictures of your chosen ID document
- Ensure that the pictures are clearly visible and click under proper lighting. Blurred/ or dark images with low lightening gets rejected easily
- Ensure no corners are cut and choose preferably white/ light background for clear images
- Note- Do not upload from your device. Images uploaded from devices will be rejected. Take a proper picture click of your Gov-ID and upload real time.
Here is an example of PAN as gov. id for manual verification
2.5 Authorize camera access for a real-time selfie.
2.6 Take a selfie of your face in a well lit room, make sure that your face is within the circular frame.
-Then Slowly turn your head around in a circle.
2.7 After submitting your selfie, you will receive a notification that your KYC verification information has been successfully submitted.
We will review your data promptly.
If you encounter any issues while completing your KYC, please raise a support ticket with our customer service team.
- BitgetBitget guarantees it will hold 100% of users' assets in reservesBitget guarantees it will hold 100% of users' assets in reserves and will publish its Merkle Tree proof, platform reserves, and platform reserve ratio on a monthly basis Reserve ratio = funds in the platform/funds of platform users. A reserve ratio greater than or equal to 100% means that the platform has sufficient funds. What is proof of reserves? 'Proof of reserves' refers to an auditing procedure that is verifiable through cryptographic proofs, checks of public wallet ownerships, and recur2023-06-20
- BitgetTrade PYTH to share 35,000 PYTH PYTH Trading Promotion is coming! Trade PYTH to share 35,000 PYTH. Join now! ⏰ Promotion time: Nov 23, 17:00 - Nov 26, 17:00 (UTC+8) 1️⃣ Promotion 1: New users only During the promotion, the first 500 new users who sign up and complete a PYTHUSDT futures trade can get 20 PYTH. 2️⃣ Promotion 2: Trading Challenge During the promotion, users whose PYTHUSDT futures trading volume reaches the following amount can receive corresponding rewards. Futures trading volume Rewards Winn2023-11-23
- BitgetThanksgiving promotion: Enjoy 5000 USDT of deposit rebates and a free BTC lucky draw! To thank you for supporting Bitget, we've prepared a set of generous rewards for this Thanksgiving promotion. Enjoy 5000 USDT of deposit rebates, a free BTC lucky draw, and a futures trading prize pool of up to 13,800 USDT! ⏰ Promotion period: November 20, 18:00 – November 30, 23:59 (UTC+8) 📣 Activity 1: Enjoy 5000 USDT of deposit rebates Users who reach a net deposit volume of at least 5000 USDT can receive up to 5000 USDT in trading bonus rebates. Total prize pool: 50,000 USDT in2023-11-20