Spot Margin - Learn to Control Risk Ratio
Spot leverage is popular among users, due to its ability to help achieve greater potential returns by borrowing additional funds for trading. However, higher returns also mean higher risks. Therefore, it is helpful for users to build a better risk control system for trading, and prevent greater losses by learning to monitor and control their risk ratio.
Definition of Risk Ratio
Risk ratio is the ratio of debt to assets calculated by the system when a user holds a spot leverage trading position. It is calculated as (Total Debt * Maintenance Margin Ratio) / Net Assets.
The maintenance margin ratio for cross margin mode is fixed at 10%, while the maintenance margin ratio for isolated margin mode can be checked at https://www.bitget.com/zh-CN/spot/margininfo.
When the risk ratio is no less than 80%, the system will make a margin call. When the risk ratio is greater than or equal to 100%, the system will reduce the position or enter liquidation and sell assets in the user's leverage account to repay the loan until the risk ratio is no more than 50%.
How to Control Your Risk Ratio
1. Replenish your margin. Users can control their risk ratio by transferring assets to replenish margins. Please note that this method may result in greater margin losses.
2. Close positions partially and repay loans. Repaying loans with assets from your position is also a way to reduce your risk ratio.
3. Set a stop-loss. If you believe you are unable to continue holding a position based on present market conditions, you can place stop loss orders to cover the debt.
- Spot MarginFour Steps to Complete Bitget Spot Margin TradingTransfer - Borrow - Trade -Repay! Step 1: Transfer Funds to Your Spot Margin Account The first step to Spot Margin trading on Bitget is to transfer funds from your main account to your Spot Margin account. This can be done through the "Transfer" function on the platform. Make sure you transfer enough funds to cover any potential losses. Tip: For the Cross margin account, the principal is mixed in one account. For the Isolated margin account, you need to transfer funds to the trading pair acco2023-03-14
- Spot MarginMargin Trading Terms Cross margin: in cross margin mode, all currencies that support cross margin can be used as collateral to borrow funds. This can help improve the utilization rate of funds, while sharing risk among all currencies in the cross-margin account. Isolated margin: trading pairs are kept in separate accounts so that funds and their corresponding risk are calculated independently. Margin account: an account that is used for leveraged borrowing or trading. Margin accounts include cross-margin acc2023-03-16
- Spot MarginIntroduction to Bitget cut-rate coupons1. Cut-rate coupons 1.1 Cut-rate coupons allow users the enjoy lower margin interest. 1.2 You can search for and claim cut-rate coupons in the Coupons Center. 2. Searching for and claiming cut-rate coupons Website On the homepage, go to Profile > Dashboard > Coupons Center > Cut-Rate Coupons. App On the homepage, tap the Profile icon, then go to Coupons Center > Cut-Rate Coupons. Cut-rate coupons can be used once claimed (no need to make any transfers). 3. Applying cut-rate coupons 3.1 Cut-rate2023-06-13